Nov 1, 2008

"There's no place like Showhome"

I quickly became enamored with the Reynolds Plantation Showhouse in this month's Southern Accents- particularly its living area designed by Barbara Howard of Marshall Howard, Inc.

This room is faultless in my eyes and could do no wrong...you have gorgeous shades of chartreuse, gray/blue, and camel popping out against a soft, comforting cream background.


And that metal framed Louis XVI chair? I absolutely adore its dark stringent lines juxtaposed against a sea of soft upholstered pieces.

Here, old meets new, serious meets whimsical, and extraordinary meets conventional. This is so my kind of room- were Barbara and I separated at birth? She seems to have captured my design style to a tee!

There are so many other eye catching rooms from this showhome that certainly grabbed my attention as well-
The dining area off of the living room has such a great vibe...it's not super formal and stuffy like most dining rooms can be and promotes a relaxing, casual atmosphere. Two groups of seating in front of a long and inviting banquette give visitors the chance to play games, eat, or enjoy a cup of coffee. The adorable sillouettes framed on the wall pull in the colors from the paisley drapes and dark wood furniture.
The nailhead trimmed chairs look very similar in style to ones I am putting as guest chairs in a home office. The indoor lantern, a piece of lighting very prevalent in homes these days, looks great with its surroundings.
Can I just say how much I love this teen's bedroom? Raspberry, taupe, chocolate and mint colors give this room girly sophisticated charm. I am well past my teen years but this room makes me want to turn back time to an era of Zach Morris and Kelly Kapowski and dwell in this room through my adolescent years!.....(or I'd even take this room in a heartbeat now actually!)
This Terrace Sitting Room provides a feeling of hospitality and warmth while adding in a touch of glam. Traditional floral fabric on petite slipcovered chairs, an inviting pink wing chair, and tufted cream sofa help gives this room its beauty. These soft elements contrast nicely with a stunning antiqued mirror, iron table, boxy lamps, and concrete flooring. A natural rug always does the trick in helping the space feel more welcoming.
This guest bedroom has a personality all its own- walls, trim, and ceiling are painted in Ralph Lauren's glossy Bitter Orange (IB66). Orange is definitely a hot color for fall- so I think this room is pretty well ahead of the curve! (as you can tell from this photo, I was so excited about this showhouse article that I furiously ripped out the pages of the magazine- sorry mom! We'll get you another copy!)
This entry hall is definitely one of my favorite rooms. I love how Barbara is not afraid to experiment with color- a girl after my own heart. She goes with mint green on the entry ceiling and walls- Ralph Lauren Aged Mint (IB77). I would love to experiment with this color in a room one day soon. I did a similar color in my friend's dining area- however it is much lighter. The dark color allows for a very dramatic entry way!

Make sure you go take the complete virtual tour here. It's an amazing showhome!

No comments: